The Power of a Business Card
In today’s digital world, many question the relevancy of the traditional printed business cards as an effective marketing and networking tool. This is a common question as email, social media and the internet provide much of the same information as that little 3.5” x 2” piece of paper but here are some things to remember:
- Business Cards have been utilized since the 17th Century in Europe where they announced the arrival of aristocrats.
- By the 18th & 19th centuries the middle class widely used them as a means of receiving guests and the lady of the house would critique the cards to develop a first impression of their callers.
- The Industrial Revolution of the 20th Century reduced the usage of the “Calling Card” from a social perspective and shifted it towards an integral part of business communication.
It’s safe to say that the business card has already withstood the test of time, so the likelihood of it going away is probably not happening any time soon. And business cards are still considered one of the most valuable marketing tools used in initial face-to-face meetings to establish a reference for future contact and interactions.
Did you know?
- Over 10 billion business cards are printed annually in the United States
- Business cards create lasting first impressions of quality, professionalism and creativity
- Company sales generally increase 2.5% for every 2000 business cards they distribute
With those statics, it’s not surprising that ITP produces thousands of versions of business cards annually and they continue to serve as one of our customers’ front line marketing strategies.
Investing marketing dollars into a well-designed card that is relevant to your brand and engages your senses will create a lasting impression. It captures customers’ attention, establishes a subliminal connection and is more likely to become a conversation piece.
People don’t just read a business card - they hold it, touch it and evaluate its use of design. Be thoughtful in your use of colors, textures and finishes and that make sure your design and stock selection are relevant to your business and easily communicate your contact information. This will make your brand more tangible and keep it in the forefront of your client’s mind.
Create Your Lasting Impression with us! To request samples of some effective, unique business cards that we’ve produced for our clients, contact your ITP sales rep today at 866-487-8506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org References:
A History of Business Cards (http://www.designer-daily.com/a-history-of-business-cards-20266) 
Printing Industry Statistics, Facts & History (https://www.reviewchatter.com/statistics-facts-history/printing)